Sunday, September 20, 2009

the uniform project..

it's blog hopping time for me and while going through blogs, i stumbled upon a link to the uniform project. needless to say, i was really amazed by what the project is all about. (thus my rave in this blog :D)

i'm sure most of you are familiar with project 365 wherein you take a photo each day to post on either your blog or photo-sharing site or whatever space you have on the world wide web. well, i think project 365 is definitely cool but the uniform project takes this to a different level..

now, on to what the project is about.


ok. so as depicted in the very cute drawing above, Sheena Matheiken (who conceived and is currently executing the project) has 7 pieces of the uniform dress (which was designed and made by her friend, Eliza Starbuck) which she has to wear everyday.. as she explained in her website:

Starting May 2009, I have pledged to wear one dress for one year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. Here’s how it works: There are 7 identical dresses, one for each day of the week. Every day I will reinvent the dress with layers, accessories and all kinds of accouterments, the majority of which will be vintage, hand-made, or hand-me-down goodies. Think of it as wearing a daily uniform with enough creative license to make it look like I just crawled out of the Marquis de Sade's boudoir.

Uniform Project is also a year-long fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroots movement that is revolutionizing education in India. At the end of the year, all contributions will go toward Akanksha’s School Project to fund uniforms and other educational expenses for children living in Indian slums.

today is day 142 of the project. check out some of the looks that she did for this month..



this really inspires me to do a project of my own. and i've been trying to think about what project i could do. project 365 is too tedious for me. i don't think i could post a blog entry every single day but maybe something weekly would do. yeah. and i'm calling this project 72 (see?! that's lazy me not even trying to be the least bit original about my project title.) now, for the topic.  #1 idea is about me travelling. but. i don't think i'll be able to travel once a week once i start working.. so... scratch that idea. #2 idea is about my learning to play the guitar and me learning 1 song on the guitar per week. but. i would have to do a video blog for that. #3 is a picture blog. just something that i'm interested on every week. well, too common and too broad. unless i narrow it down to a specific topic.

ok, i got it. since i'm really interested in travelling at the moment but can't do a daily/weekly thing, i'm just gonna make sure that i get to travel once a month and post a blog about it. now i just have think of a better way to call my project. wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment