Tuesday, July 20, 2010

rainy night

i met you one rainy night. we talked. we clicked. you walked me to my destination. you told me you loved talking to me. that i'm not like other women who only talk about the frills in life. you held my hand for a brief moment. suggested that we meet again. we talked about where i like to hang out. what i do. what i don't like. we talked about you. simply put: we hit it off. you asked for  my number. you gave me yours. and you asked if you could see me again. i said yes. 

it was nice. yes, it was. 

you sent me a message. i replied. you sent another. i said i'm in the middle of a conversation with my friend. and you sent another message. and i never sent a message back.

you could've been the one. or you could've been another mistake. 

if i had the courage to say it flat out, i would've been able to admit why i never texted you back. but i'm a coward. a coward who has commitment issues. and i could tell that's what you wanted. and it scared me off. 

so maybe someday, if we meet again. under different circumstances. maybe then, i'll be ready. maybe...


No comments:

Post a Comment