Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NAVI, your life navigator

a quick intermission post before i bombard you with posts (yes, in the plural form) of my recently-concluded ilocos trip.

It's the last month of the year and the last month of me using my Navi 2010 planner. You served me well, planner. And because of that, I am dedicating a blog post to you. :)

I started getting planners in preparation for the year 2007. 2006 was my first "working" year and so I decided that going corporate meant I needed to get more organized. Starting with getting a planner. :P Back then, I drowned myself with coffee to get the Starbucks planner each year. I did this for 3 consecutive years until my trainer from my then-job at ePLDT Ventus introduced me to the Navi planner. I think it looks better than the Starbucks planner and if you're not really getting coffee on a daily basis, you're gonna get this planner at a cheaper price than 15++ Venti(s) from Sbux (yeah, I always order the biggest size 'cause I get 'bitin' with the Grande). The planner costs around 500php but with all the coupons inside, it's all worth it. Plus, it has sections for setting goals and a vacation planner (among other things). So it really appeals to the travel-hungry person in me.

The best part, though, is that a percentage of the proceeds from Navi goes to a cause. For 2010, it was MioFightsCancer: for Mio Mendiola, a five year old boy who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. I have yet to find out what their cause for this coming year is, though.

And so for this year, I want the new Navi 2011 planner. :) If you're feeling generous, you can get me one from their website or from any major bookstores in town. I am in no way imposing on you, though. 'Cause I'm also thinking of making my own planner. Get photos of my previous travels printed out on its pages and some of my writing too. 'Cause as much as I love Navi, there can be no such thing as a perfect planner as one you designed for yourself. :)

Hmmm.. Maybe it IS time to let the creative juices in me flow out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment