Wednesday, September 8, 2010

cluttered

seems like i have a lot of digital clutter in my life.

i always find myself trying to de-clutter one thing or another.

take today for example. i'm de-cluttering the laptop. uninstalling programs and deleting files that i no longer use.

i've also been backing up some files from my portable HDD to DVD-RWs the past week. my 160GB HDD now has less than 10GB free space.

or maybe it's just my OC-persona taking over.

i remember a couple of years ago, i took pain-staking time to arrange my music folder by artist. i had thousands of songs in there and it took me months to finally get it all sorted out.

this obsessive-compulsiveness attitude that i've got towards my computer data does not only run through my music files. i also have all pictures arranged by folders of my group of friends and then by occasion. (if it's a multiple day trip i even have them sorted as day 1, day 2, day 3 and well, u get the point.) i also have my videos organized into tv series (subfolder-by season), movies, and separate folders for every camera i've ever used (subfolder-by date and/or occasion).

i wish my OC-ness will manifest itself with my material stuff, though. i can't seem to declutter that part of my life. my room always looks like a tornado hit it ten times. (i'm exagerrating here.. or maybe not.. :P) this has always been a major argument between me and my mom when i was younger. now, i think she's learned her lesson and is trying to stay as far away from my room as possible. :D

okay. so i just ranted about computer files. how much more boring could my life be? :P between this and studying the constitution, i seriously need a break (and a heavy dose of booze :P).

No comments:

Post a Comment