Tuesday, September 7, 2010

marathon

Nope. Not the sweaty type of marathon.

I've kinda been into movies the past couple of weeks. So I've been having a movie marathon of just about any movie I could think of. You may have noticed that I was watching Pretty Woman while I was writing the last blog entry. I also watched some more recent films like Letters to Juliet, Despicable Me and Chloe.. Btw, is it just me or is it weird seeing Amanda Seyfried as Sophie? She's got some expressions that reminds me of Karen (her dim-witted character from Mean Girls) and of Chloe (crazy title character). Or maybe just because I've seen all three movies within the last month due to my sudden movie addiction. I kinda don't remember how she looked like in Jennifer's body though (but that could be because I thought the movie was really bad).
clockwise from top: Amanda Seyfried as Sophie, Chloe and Karen


 Oh and btw, Gael Garcia Bernal is all grown up! (Sorry, I can't get Y Tu Mama Tambien's version of Gael outta my head after seeing him in Letters to Juliet.) And while we're at it, Rachel McAdams has definitely been scoring mature characters lately. From Mean Girl's Queen Bee Regina George, she has transformed into roles as Time Traveler's Wife Clare to Sherlock Holmes' Irene. She's got herself good movies, I tell you. :)


And I am absolutely loving Julia Roberts. Watching her from Pretty Women, Notting Hill and Runaway Bride all in the same week had me in awe of her acting skills. From prostitute to a high profile hollywood actress to a country girl with "I do" issues. She's fantastic. (I am now turning into a fan-tard. Someone stop me, please. :P)


I still have After Life, Sleepless in Seattle, Memento queued on my list. But then, I decided to watch it  some other time 'cause all this movie-watching has been taking up my study time. So today, as punishment to myself for all that time I spent watching movies, Imma go hit the books right after this post and I promise to not stop studying until I get to finish my Constitution module. Also, I promise to lessen the time I spend in front of this laptop (i.e. playing games, watching movies/tv series, surfing the net etc.). Trying to be a good student and keep myself away from all the temptation around.



So... Study marathon IT IS! or at least for today and the next few days..

No comments:

Post a Comment