Thursday, September 1, 2011

chicken VS egg

I am counting my chickens before my eggs have hatched.

I had my orientation for my part time job yesterday and I'm already speculating on what to spend my probable earnings on. Gah! Hey, big spender alter-ego! You better keep yourself in check!

Anyway, on the top of my how-I-want-to-spend-my-eagerly-anticipated-yet-nonexistent-at-the-moment-first-salary list is getting myself a hard-bound copy of Terry Goodkind's "The Omen Machine". I'm a hardcore Sword of Truth fan and I love Richard and Kahlan from the deepest bottom of my heart. Oh, and if you feel like I've spoken a whole new language in my last couple of sentences then you better get your ass off to the nearest bookstore and get a copy of Terry Goodkind's "Wizard's First Rule" - the first of the 11-book series "The Sword of Truth". I personally describe this series as a cross between Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. It's got magic and romance and war and politics all rolled into one. Just wait till you read all about Mord-Siths and Mud People and Pillars of Creation and Raug'Moss and D'Harans and Sisters of the Light and and AND...


Damn! My inner geek just exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment